Tuscanypass.com
You are here: home » sights and leisure » attractions » all attractions

Arezzo Attractions

Archaeological Area of Sodo and Camucia

Archaeological Area of Sodo and Camucia

Three mound tombs, dating back to the VII-IV centuries BC, were found in the area of Cortona: they contained wonderful and unique materials of the Etruscan era
Cassero - Museo Comunale - Monte San Savino

Cassero - Museo Comunale - Monte San Savino

Entirely renovated in the seventies, the Cassero is now the City Museum - displaying ceramic vessels and various works of art
Castello di Gargonza - Monte San Savino

Castello di Gargonza - Monte San Savino

The Castle of Gargonza is located 6 km from Monte San Savino. It is a medieval village surrounded by luxuriant woods
Castello di Montecchio - Castiglion Fiorentino

Castello di Montecchio - Castiglion Fiorentino

The castle sits on a hill (368 meters) near the town, towards Cortona
Cathedral of San Donato

Cathedral of San Donato

This is an impressive Gothic construction, which was begun at the end of the 13th century and continued, with several interruptions, until the beginning of the 16th
Chiesa di Sant'Agostino - Castiglion Fiorentino

Chiesa di Sant'Agostino - Castiglion Fiorentino

The originary complex is of the 13th century, while the bell tower was built in 1500
Chiesa e chiostro di San Francesco - Castiglion Fiorentino

Chiesa e chiostro di San Francesco - Castiglion Fiorentino

This complex rises on the “hill of Paradise,” outside of the primitive enclosing town walls
Church of Badia

Church of Badia

Built by Benedictine monks in the 13th century and dedicated to the Saints Flora and Lucilla, this church opens out onto the recently restored Piazza della Badia
Church of San Domenico

Church of San Domenico

Founded in 1275, and finished at the beginning of the 14th century, this Gothic basilica dominates the singhtly sloping back-drop of piazza S. Domenico
Church of San Francesco

Church of San Francesco

This Basilica, situated in the square that bears its name, at the point where via Cavour widens out to form an attractive access point to the old-est nucleus of the town, goes back to the second half of the 13th century
Church of Sant'Agostino

Church of Sant'Agostino

It's an ancient building (1257), modified at the end of the 15th century and half way through the 18th
Church of Santa Maria in Gradi

Church of Santa Maria in Gradi

This construction looks out on to the square of the same name, which is situated on the steep slope of piaggia di Murello
Church of the Ss Annunziata

Church of the Ss Annunziata

This is situated on the most westerly stretch of via Garibaldi (the old via Sacra, a long artery which described a semi circle around the medieval town)
Civitella in Val di Chiana Fortress

Civitella in Val di Chiana Fortress

Built on a pre-existent settlement from the Etruscan-Roman age, Civitella fortress was used during the Lombard Kingdom rule as a means to control the territory thanks to its strategic position
Collegiata - Castiglion Fiorentino

Collegiata - Castiglion Fiorentino

In 1836, it was decided to build a new Collegiata on the ancient Pieve, which by then was in bad condition. The construction began in 1840, directed by Pietro Mancini
Ex Sinagoga - Monte San Savino

Ex Sinagoga - Monte San Savino

The ex Sinagogue is a very unusual building. It has been restored various times and is located in a street now named after Salomon Fiorentino a jewish poet from Monte San Savino
Loggia dei Mercanti - Monte San Savino

Loggia dei Mercanti - Monte San Savino

The elegant Loggia dei Mercanti (Merchants’ Arcade) is opposite Palazzo di Monte. It is attributed to Nanni di Baccio Bigio and was built at the time of the Julius III pontificate
Loggiato Vasariano - Castiglion Fiorentino

Loggiato Vasariano - Castiglion Fiorentino

The construction of the Loggiato, in the background of the Piazza del Municipio, dates back to 1513
Medici Fortress

Medici Fortress

An important testimony of 16th century military architecture, which rises up at the top of the Prato esplanade at the 305 metres above sea level.
Mura - Castiglion Fiorentino

Mura - Castiglion Fiorentino

The first medieval enclosing walls date back to the 13th century
Museo Archeologico - Castiglion Fiorentino

Museo Archeologico - Castiglion Fiorentino

The Archaeological Museum holds and tells the history of Castiglion Fiorentino and of its territory
Nature Reserve Ponte Buriano e Penna

Nature Reserve Ponte Buriano e Penna

It stretches for 665 hectares, covering the Comuni of Arezzo, Civitella in Valdichiana and Laterina, an area between Ponte Buriano and the artificial barrier of the Penna
Palazzo Bruni-Ciocchi

Palazzo Bruni-Ciocchi

A renaissance building known as tha palazzo della Dogana because of its 19th century function
Palazzo Camaiani-Albergotti

Palazzo Camaiani-Albergotti

This is part of a composite group of buildings resulting from the grouping together of palaces belonging to Guelf noble families (Camaiani, Sassoli and Albergotti), which were built at the end of the Borgo Maestro
Palazzo Comunale - Castiglion Fiorentino

Palazzo Comunale - Castiglion Fiorentino

Perhaps constructed by Perugians around 1375-76, the building is situated on the most ancient Palazzo dei Priori
Palazzo dei Priori

Palazzo dei Priori

This building, located at the top of the hill in the old part of town, in a zone that has been the seat of the main civil, religious and judicial authorities, looks out onto the west side of the piazza della Libertà
Palazzo del Governo

Palazzo del Governo

A large complex looking out onto the square at the top of the Poggio del Sole, at the southwest extremity of the town walls
Palazzo delle Logge

Palazzo delle Logge

This building dominates the highest part of Piazza Grande like a great Renaissance frame in the heart of the medieval city
Palazzo di Fraternita

Palazzo di Fraternita

This building, a harmonious grafting of Renaissance onto Gothic, is situated on the northwest side of piazza Grande, next to the more recent Palazzo del Tribunale
Palazzo Lappoli

Palazzo Lappoli

An interesting architectural structure derived from the construction of a 14th century building - the home of the Lappoli family - next to a tower from the previous century
Palazzo Pretorio

Palazzo Pretorio

The complex is the result of the 14th/15th century fusion of buildings that belonged to the noble familes of the Albergotti, the Sassoli and the Lodomeri
Palazzo Pretorio - Monte San Savino

Palazzo Pretorio - Monte San Savino

The Magisterial Palace housed the vicars’ and the podestà’s offices as well as the prisons and the chancery office
Palazzo Vescovile

Palazzo Vescovile

This palace has been the seat of the diocesan curia since half way througth the 13th century
Petrarca's House

Petrarca's House

The current construction was built in the 16th century on the remains of a medieval building traditionally held to be Francesco Petrarca's birthplace
Piazza del Popolo

Piazza del Popolo

Roughly triangular in shape, this square is situated along via Garibaldi, in the middle stretch of a semicircular route which marks the lower end of the town's ancient centre
Piazza Grande

Piazza Grande

The actractive scenario of the Giostra del Saracino (Joust of the Saracen) in the heart of the medieval city
Piazza Guido Monaco

Piazza Guido Monaco

A circular square dating back to the 19th century, situated at the crossroads of two large modern systems of roads
Piazza San Francesco

Piazza San Francesco

A rectangular square situated at the crossroads of via Guido Monaco and the old Valle Lunga street
Pieve di Santa Maria

Pieve di Santa Maria

Completely built of sandstone and situated between corso Italia and the Piazza Grande behind, this is one of the largest and most attractive Romanesque
Pinacoteca Comunale - Castiglion Fiorentino

Pinacoteca Comunale - Castiglion Fiorentino

The Art Gallery house pieces of notable artistic interest: sacred art and rare items of medieval jewellery
Porta Fiorentina - Monte San Savino

Porta Fiorentina - Monte San Savino

The Porta Fiorentina (Florentine Gate) was probably designed by Giorgio Vasari, whereas the actual construction was carried out by Nanni di Baccio Bigio
Roman Amphitheatre

Roman Amphitheatre

It was built between the end of the 1st century and the beginning of the 2nd century A.D. with blocks of sandstone, bricks and marble and it could contain eight thousand people
Sanctuary of Santa Maria delle Grazie

Sanctuary of Santa Maria delle Grazie

A 15th century sanctuary, situated on the outskirts to the south of the town (1.5 Km from the centre) at the end of the straight viale Mecenate
Santuario delle Vertighe - Monte San Savino

Santuario delle Vertighe - Monte San Savino

The Sanctuary is located near exit 27 of A1 motorway of which the Virgin of Vertighe is the protectress
The Archaeological Museum

The Archaeological Museum

The Museum is housed in the former Olivetan convent, founded in 1323, that was built directly over the ruins of the Roman Amphitheatre
The State Museum of Medieval and Modern Art

The State Museum of Medieval and Modern Art

The Museum is housed in the Bruni-Ciocchi del Monte Palace, which Donato, son of humanist Leonardo Bruni, had built during the middle of the 15th century
Torre del Cassero - Castiglion Fiorentino

Torre del Cassero - Castiglion Fiorentino

Built in 1347 by the Perugians, it was attached to the enclosing walls by the muro dell’Ala in 1338, and is next to the Casseretto
Vasari's House

Vasari's House

It's the artist home in Arezzo. Vasari himself was responsible for the layout and furnishings

Where

province, city, location

Check-in Date, Check-out Date

Accommodation in Arezzo
Eating Out in Arezzo
DOG ADV LTD - VAT: GB178644759 - Company Number: 8733435