Tuscanypass.com
You are here: home » sights and leisure » attractions » churches

Churches in Arezzo

Cathedral of San Donato

Cathedral of San Donato

This is an impressive Gothic construction, which was begun at the end of the 13th century and continued, with several interruptions, until the beginning of the 16th
Chiesa di Sant'Agostino - Castiglion Fiorentino

Chiesa di Sant'Agostino - Castiglion Fiorentino

The originary complex is of the 13th century, while the bell tower was built in 1500
Chiesa e chiostro di San Francesco - Castiglion Fiorentino

Chiesa e chiostro di San Francesco - Castiglion Fiorentino

This complex rises on the “hill of Paradise,” outside of the primitive enclosing town walls
Church of Badia

Church of Badia

Built by Benedictine monks in the 13th century and dedicated to the Saints Flora and Lucilla, this church opens out onto the recently restored Piazza della Badia
Church of San Domenico

Church of San Domenico

Founded in 1275, and finished at the beginning of the 14th century, this Gothic basilica dominates the singhtly sloping back-drop of piazza S. Domenico
Church of San Francesco

Church of San Francesco

This Basilica, situated in the square that bears its name, at the point where via Cavour widens out to form an attractive access point to the old-est nucleus of the town, goes back to the second half of the 13th century
Church of Sant'Agostino

Church of Sant'Agostino

It's an ancient building (1257), modified at the end of the 15th century and half way through the 18th
Church of Santa Maria in Gradi

Church of Santa Maria in Gradi

This construction looks out on to the square of the same name, which is situated on the steep slope of piaggia di Murello
Church of the Ss Annunziata

Church of the Ss Annunziata

This is situated on the most westerly stretch of via Garibaldi (the old via Sacra, a long artery which described a semi circle around the medieval town)
Collegiata - Castiglion Fiorentino

Collegiata - Castiglion Fiorentino

In 1836, it was decided to build a new Collegiata on the ancient Pieve, which by then was in bad condition. The construction began in 1840, directed by Pietro Mancini
Pieve di Santa Maria

Pieve di Santa Maria

Completely built of sandstone and situated between corso Italia and the Piazza Grande behind, this is one of the largest and most attractive Romanesque
Sanctuary of Santa Maria delle Grazie

Sanctuary of Santa Maria delle Grazie

A 15th century sanctuary, situated on the outskirts to the south of the town (1.5 Km from the centre) at the end of the straight viale Mecenate
Santuario delle Vertighe - Monte San Savino

Santuario delle Vertighe - Monte San Savino

The Sanctuary is located near exit 27 of A1 motorway of which the Virgin of Vertighe is the protectress

Where

province, city, location

Check-in Date, Check-out Date

Accommodation in Arezzo
Eating Out in Arezzo
DOG ADV LTD - VAT: GB178644759 - Company Number: 8733435