The small church of Santa Apollonia, is now dedicated to the patron saint of teeth, while in the Middle Ages was called Church of San Pietro a Ischia, after the name of the Galletti da Ischia family.
In 1777 its inside and outside were remodelled to a design by Tarocchi. The façade is slightly concave. The aisless interior, ending in a semicircular apse, is decorated with frescoes by Tempesti.
With its curvilinear façade, Santa Apollonia is the church that most clearly shows the influence of baroque language among 18th-century religious buildings in Pisa.
Where: Via Santa Apollonia - Pisa