The Church of Saint Felicita, which was built in the middle ages on the site of a Paleochristian Church and cemetery, was restructured in the XI and XIV centuries.
Between 1736 and 1739 Ferdinando Ruggieri restructured it yet again, though he preserved the Portico done by Vasari (several works of art were moved to it) and the corridor from the Uffizi to Palazzo Pitti that passes above it.
Main art works:
The interior has a single nave with pilasters that frame the side chapels. The Cappella Capponi, designed by Brunelleschi for the Barbadori Family and thoroughly reworked in the 1500s (the traces of Brunelleschi's handiwork were discovered in 1936) has a number of works by Pontormo, including his best known, "The Deposition and The Annunciation", which a recent restoration has revealed to be one of the great masterpieces of the 16th century.
Where: Piazzetta S. Felicita 3 - Firenze
Opening hours: 8:00-12:00/16:00-18:00