The Church of San Jacopo Sopr'Arno has a Romanesque 12-13th century three-arched loggia taken from San Donato in Scopeto, which was destroyed in the siege of 1529.
The interior of the church has three aisles, and seventeenth century decor. The restoration carried out following the 1966 flood brought to light the older columns of the Romanesque building.
During the modifications carried out in the 1700s the Cappella Ridolfi was destroyed; according to Vasari, it had a cupola Brunelleschi built as a test piece prior to undertaking the cupola of Santa Maria del Fiore.
The church has a collection of 16th and 17th century Florentine paintings, which was complemented by the frescos on the ceiling (destroyed during the war). The church is now deconsecrated, and used for a variety of cultural events. If it is closed, the priest of Santa Felicita has the key.
Where: Borgo San Jacopo - Firenze
Opening hours: 9:00-12:00/15:00-19:00