The church was first mentioned in 987. The actual building, of the 13th century, has a romaesque façade that wears the Farnese Family coats of arms.
The inside has been tranformed between 1826 and 1827 into neoclassic stile. The presbitery house the Andrea della Robbia glazed terracotta "Madonna wih Child", placed in a marble tabarnacle by Balsimelli di Settignano. Also very important is the "Sacred Family" by Carlo Maratta (15th century) and the "Madonna of the Redemption" a fresco by Cenni di Francesco di ser Cenni (15th century).
In the oratory of Saint Christopher there is a fresco of the "Madonna and child" attributed to the artist from San Gimignano Vincenzo Tamagni.