The Equi Terme Cultural Park is situated in Fivizzano - Massa Carrara. It is part of the Apuane Regional Park.
It offers various opportunities to the visitors: there is a cave park, a cave museum, diverse itineraries on foot, the Archeopark and the Thermal Baths of Equi Terme.
- The Buca (the Pit) is an ancient naturally-formed cave, which can be visited;
- The Tecchia Cave is not yet visitable, it will soon be possible to see it from a walkway inside the Pit Cave. It is described inside the Caves Museum;
- The Caves Museum describes the caves development and human interaction during centuries. It provides scientific information for the visitors, concerning the main features of the park;
- The Solco d’Equi Walk (the Equi Cut Walk) is a natural canyon with carnivorous plants; interesting places can be found there: the Fox’s Den, small burial caves, the Fern Cave, and the the Devil’s Pit, where water rituals were held in the past;
- the Archeopark consists in a reconstruction of Paleolithic and Eneolithic settings, with shelters and huts; the hands-on archeological activities take place there, in order to allow visitors to live everyday life, tasks, and sensations of prehistorical and protohistorical times.
September - April: on request, by telephone +39 347 5817347
June - September every day:
Monday to Friday 10.30-12.30/14.30-19.00
Saturday and Sunday10.30-19.00.
Short itinerary: full price €5.00/ reduced price €2.50
Long itinerary: full price €8.50/ reduced price €4.50
For further information:
Customar Care tel.: +39 0585 927111/948258