St. Andrew’s Church, was begun in the 11th century but its façade and bell tower were built in Romanesque style between the 12th and 15th century.
Inside the church there is one main nave with side chapels. On entering the church, notice on your right the large round column made of bricks with stone capitals, it supports the bell tower which was built as part of the main church. There is a side altar mounted on the wall made of blue and white glazed terracotta attributed to Giovanni della Robbia.
In one of the side chapels on the left there is a painted wooden crucifix produced by the Sienese school in 1300 and another one can be seen on the high altar; this is attributed to Andrea Pisano and was sculpted in the 1330’s. On the right of the high altar there is a Madonna (1403) made of painted and decorated wood with Francesco di Valdambrino’s signature. On the left of the high altar there is a Madonna with Christ child made of glazed, tempera-coloured terracotta by Andrea della Robbia (1469 – 1529).
Opening times: 08.15 – 12.30 and 16.00 – 20.00.
Contact the priest, Don Giuseppe ph.: +39 0587 622120 for further information.