In 1836, it was decided to build a new Collegiata on the ancient Pieve, which by then was in bad condition. The construction began in 1840, directed by Pietro Mancini. The old Pieve was partially demolished in order to make room for the new building. A few years later, the neoclassical loggias were finished (1860), and were followed by the dome (1867), while the steeple, made by Corinto Corinti, rose in 1930. The building is in the shape of a Latin cross with three barrel vaulted naves, and the dome is placed at the intersection of the main nave and the transept.
Among the many pieces of art conserved in this church are la Madonna in trono (end of the 18th century) by Segna di Bonaventura, la Vergine in trono e Santi (1486) by Bartolomeo della Gatta, l’Adorazione del bambino by Lorenzo di Credi, la Trasfigurazione by Domenico Pugliani, a terracotta polychrome representing S. Antonio and another one of l’Annunciazione, both from the Della Robbia school. In the vestry, you will find the grave of Neri Dragomanni (who died in 1612), which came from the chapel of the Rosario of Pieve Vecchia.
Church hours: 9-18