The originary complex is of the 13th century, while the bell tower was built in 1500. A high flight of steps leads from the square to the interior of the building. The sandstone façade is hut-shaped.
Inside there is a single nave with the apse divided into three chapels, one of which contains fragments of frescoes of the 14th century depecting Saints.
Noted works of art include: Madonna del Latte, a fresco of the 13th c.; the 16th c. stone altar by Filippo Berrettini; the Annunciation by Niccolo’ Ghiori and Madonna in Gloria e Santi (1667) by Adriano Zabarelli. The walnut choir was carved by Francesco Orlandi in 1750.