Church of Sant'Agostino is an ancient building (1257), modified at the end of the 15th century and half way through the 18th.
It is situated in the upper part of the square that bears its name, which widens out irregularly but not unharmoniously at the point where via Margaritone meets via Garibaldi. From the square one can see a characteristic view of the Colcitrone quarter above.
The ashlar facade, little of which is from the original building, is lightened by a rose-window, and there is a quadrangular 15th century campanile to the side of it.
The elegant baroque decorations inside are the result of 18th century alterations, and there are ancient tomb stones in the floor.
For further informations:
Tel: +39 0575742129
Fax: +39 0575742129