Chiesa della Ss Annunziata is situated on the most westerly stretch of via Garibaldi (the old via Sacra, a long artery which described a semi circle around the medieval town).
It was built between the 15th and 16th centuries (following a project attributed to Bartolomeo della Gatta and completed by Antonio da Sangallo the Elder) on the remains of a 14th centiry oratory.
The Gothic portal and the lunette with the fresco of the Annunciation by Spinello Aretino (1370) in the facade of the renaissance church, are left over from the older building.
The imposing interior,divided into a nave and two aisles by pilasters with elegant stone capitals, is illuminated by stained glass windows by Guillaume de Marcillat (beginning of the 16th century). The marble altar (1600) contains a 15th century image of the Madonna made of polychrome terracotta.
For further informations:
Ph: +39 057526774