Palazzo Pfanner (XVII-XVIII century) belonged to the homonym successful chirurg, and it's a typical example of the architecture of that period.
It has a beautiful garden, belonging to Filippo Juvarra (1678-1736), that faces the city walls.
In the garden there is a collection of plants and statues surrounding a fountain pond.
In the palace there is an exhibition of the instruments belonged to Dr. Pfanner, mayor of the city from 1920 to 1922, and of the lifestyle of a rich and famous man in the old 17th century.
Palazzo Pfanner is easy to see if you walk on the walls of the city.
The green area in front of the palace is divided into four green spaces, delimited by box and laurel hedges, with an octagonal pond in the middle. The pond is decorated with four allegoric statues symbolizing the elements: Vulcan, Mercurius, Dionysus and Ocean.
Via degli Asili, 33 - Lucca
Garden + Palace: 4,00 euros (reduced 3,00 euros)
Garden: 2,50 euros (reduced 2,00 euros)
Palace: 2,50 euros (reduced 2,00 euros)
Free entrance: children yonger than 6 years old
From March to October: everyday 10:00-18:00
For further informations:
Ph: +39 0583 954029
Fax: +39 0583 954029
Comune di Lucca